Cherry Almond Granola
2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or additional 1 Tbsp brown sugar)
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except for cherries, and mix well.
- Spread granola on a cookie sheet in a thin layer and bake for 10 minutes in the middle of the oven. Mix and redistribute granola and bake another 4-7 minutes or until almonds are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and mix in cherries. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.