For the salad:
1 head of cauliflower, broken down into small florets
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
1/3 cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup golden raisins, plumped up in not water for 5 min and drained
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove grated on a microplane zester
1 tsp smoky Spanish paprika (Pimentón de la Vera)
- Preheat the oven to 500F and set the oven rack on the lowest setting.
- Spread cauliflower florets in a single layer on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to distribute oil and seasoning evenly and spread in an even layer.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook until slightly charred, 10-15 minutes. Let cool to warm.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl and add onions, almonds, raisins, and parsley.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar and mustard. Whisk with a fork until combined. Gradually add oil whisking constantly. Whisk in garlic and paprika.
- Pour dressing oven the salad, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt, vinegar, and paprika as necessary. Can be served warm or cold.